Our dentist and team at New Albany Family Dentistry provide senior dentistry in New Albany, Ohio, and the surrounding areas to help you age gracefully while enjoying a full, active lifestyle. Our senior dental care program is designed to help you preserve your oral health and continue to enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile. To learn more about senior dentistry, and to schedule your consultation with Dr. Timothy Backiewicz please call our office at 614-855-0202.
When you visit our office for your regular dental appointments, we will perform a complete exam of your mouth, which includes checking your bite, joints, teeth, gums, and soft tissues. If you have replacement teeth, such as dentures, we will also check the condition of your appliance and make any recommendations we feel necessary to ensure that it continues functioning properly. This will allow you to continue enjoying optimal dental health as you age.
There are many issues that you may face as you age, including:
- Discolored teeth – teeth naturally darken over time and can become stained by certain beverages and medications. Our doctors can explain our teeth whitening options and give you tips on more effective brushing and flossing techniques.
- Dry mouth – dry mouth is a common side effect of infection, use of medications, and tobacco use. You can minimize dry mouth by staying hydrated, brushing frequently, and chewing sugarless gum.
- Gum disease – gum disease has been linked to many systemic diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and osteoporosis. We will check for gum disease during your routine appointments to diagnose and begin treatment in the early stages of development.
- Tooth decay – older adults tend to develop more cavities, making it critical for you to visit our dentist regularly and maintain a good oral hygiene routine at home.
- Tooth loss – tooth loss can cause bone degeneration, sagging facial muscles, and dietary restrictions, as well as other oral health problems. Our dentist can help you regain a healthy smile with dentures, implant restorations, and other restorative treatments.
For more information about our senior dental services, and to set up your appointment at New Albany Family Dentistry, please call or visit us today.